|Home > Events
2nd International Youth Leadership Camp 2012
Bhurban, Murree Hills, Pakistan
2nd International Youth Leadership Camp held at Murree from 2nd to 7th July 2012. The camp proved to be another window of opportunities having a lot of potential with many dimensions. Some of the details of the camp are as given below:
- A large number of female students joined in the camp. Among them were from KSA, Bahrain, UAE and Sudan and Pakistan.
- All the sessions of the camp were of great value, were very interesting and mind grabbing. The feedback is that mindset of the participants has been changed. They want to do something associated to the cause of GET.
- Dr.SameehaRaheelQazi's full time participation played a pivotal role in success of the camp. She proved herself to be one of the best murabbis whose personality and character made her the central figure of the camp.
- One full day activities and sessions held at PC Bhurban were sponsored by Centre for Discussion and Solution that added much value to the profile of the camp.
- On the invitation of the renowned journalist, Editor Investigation daily Jang/The News, AnsarAbbasi, the participants spent a day at his house. He arranged a high-tea for the participants, had very interesting, valuable and informative interactive discussion with him. He organized hiking and provided his support in organizing a jungle lunch for the participants.
- A high profile delegation from UKIM visited the camp. The delegates participated in camp activities and its members were very much impressed by this unique initiative. They applauded the management, sessions and proceedings of the camp.
- Riphah International University cooperated very much. They offered to organize the camp at their campus and provided us with free transportation.
- GuhlamQadirAbbasi's cooperation and his full time presence need to be acknowledged.
- Feedback from the participants, parents and all the stakeholders is very positive. A soft image has been built in minds and a good team is in the making at that level that would pay back in multitude inshaallah.
- The last and special session with QaziHussain Ahmed at Islamabad was very much interesting and historical for all the participants. His speech and question/answer session were of great interest for them.
- Most of the participants were from influential families having potential to back GET's objectives. The need is to plan a mechanism to multiply their number and materialize the goodwill created by this successful camp